The information we collect may include your personal information, such as your name, date of birth, contact information, IP addresses, occupation and other policy specific answers. We collect personal information from you at different points, including but not limited to the following:
- when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
- when you visit our website;
- when you take out an insurance policy;
- when you talk to us about your personal or financial circumstances; and
- when you contact us for help
Our Company may use information that we collect about you to:
- provide the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your customer relationship and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products or services;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that you may hold with us, may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- verify your eligibility to credit facilities;
- transfer personal information to third parties for any legally permissible purpose at our sole discretion; and
- enforce our terms and conditions We do not sell personal information to third parties.
We may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement:
- we may provide your information to our partner insurers and service providers who perform functions on your/our behalf;
- we may provide your information to our service providers who perform functions on our behalf. Usually our service providers sign a standard confidentiality agreement;
- we may share your data with any joint ventures or other entities under a common control or third party acquirers. We would ensure these other entities will honor this Privacy Statement;
- we may allow a potential acquirer or merger partner to review our databases, although we would restrict their use and disclosure of this data during the diligence phase and direct them to treat the data confidentially;
- as required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies; and
- other third parties with your consent or direction to do so. We do not use any third parties in other countries where the laws on processing personal information are less stringent than in the UK.
Our systems have security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure or access.
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the business purpose it was collected. We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
For quotations where cover has not been incepted, the personal information will be retained for 13 months to prevent fraud, misrepresentation and improve your customer journey.
You can ask to delete information we hold about you at any time, which we will do unless we have a legal reason not to.
Reasonable access to your personal information may be provided at no cost upon request made to our Company at the contact information provided below. If access cannot be provided within that time frame, our Company will provide the requesting party a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide an explanation as to why access has been denied.
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. It was last updated on 18/07/2018. If we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update the date it was last changed.